Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My TYPE of Book

Typography must have readability and convey a feeling!  I was ordering a book on Amazon.com and Get a Life, Not a Job by Paula Caligiuri, Ph.D, caught my attention.  Considering what I recently learned in class regarding typography, I felt like this book did a great job in this specific area of design.  The color and the typestyle for the word life automatically connects us to the game of Life.  The type and glyph in the word job automatically conveys “no job” before we have enough time to read the entire title of the book cover.  The font for the words “life” and “job” immediately draw your attention to those words, being the most important.  The use of typography for this book cover assisted the reader (myself) to know what the book was about without even reading the summary!  Great Cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment